My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Friday, February 27, 2009

CT Just Passin' Thru - Storytime




I picked up this kit to work with the idea that I was going to use it for our library's storytime. But I forgot my camera and the next one isn't until April so I decided to try it with a couple other layouts I needed to work on. I was very pleased with the results. One of my favorite elements was the giant open book that you could add a picture and journal on the other side. This kit has lots of great ribbons, frames, and papers.

My first layout is Love Journaling. This was another layout for the Shaken n Stirred Love Challenge over at Pretty Scrappy. This one explains why I love to journal on my layouts. The font is Harrington.

The second layout is Love Zoos. And you guessed it this is another Love Challenge layout. This one features some old pictures of a trip to the zoo. It reminded me why I loved going to the zoo and I think I need to save up and renew our zoo passes this year. I used some of the techniques I have learned over the last few months. I have the giraffe leaning out of the frame, the birds have been extracted in color and laid over a black and white version of the photo. I used several of the papers to make a layered mat under one of the photos. The font is Algerian.

You can pick up this great kit HERE at DigiScrap Station. And finally here's a preview of the great kit.

No comments: