My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Friday, April 3, 2009

Entry without Pictures (or Ideas of how to get through my picture backlog.)

I've been making great progress on my goals. I took the month of February off and enjoyed working on the Love Album which was a lot of fun and was really a stretching and growing experience. So for March I decided to really focus again on my chronological back load of pictures. I like being able to pick great pictures that go with the kit I need to work on with my CT work but I also wanted to make sure I don't scrap the same pictures twice or leave an event out. So I came up with a great solution. The next album I needed to work on was the Family 2005 album. So first I checked my layout files and made a list of any 2005 events I had already scrapped. Then I went through my 2005 picture folder and made a list of each of the events that needed to be scrapped and the date. Now when I open up a new kit I've downloaded I can match it against my list of layouts needed for 2005. So I can feed my need for order and still be creative and work "out of order". I'm doing other current layouts here and there as well and when I get ready to work on that album straight through I can just mark off the events already completed. So if you are a bit OCD about wanting to create chronological albums but still want to be a bit creative this might be the solution for you.


Second decision regarding the 365 day project. I love it and really want to use all of DigiTreats great kits this year. So I decided that I wanted to take full advantage of all the great stuff that comes out during the month. I've had a couple of times where after I've finished the layout for the week the perfect element comes out. So my decision is that from now on I will wait until the end of the month and then scrap that month's worth of photos. I've also thought about doing a month in review layout as well and this would make the process really quick and easy. So watch next week for the final layouts for March. Then the beginning of May watch for a month's worth of April and so on.

No comments: