My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Monday, September 1, 2008

Using Kits in Non-Traditional Ways



First you will notice that I'm making progress again on my layout count but I'm still a long way from my goal. But the really exciting news is that I have caught up on all my school albums. Yippee. Now I have to decided were to focus my attention next.

The first layout reflect yet another year of the Kid's Choir pool party. When you do the same event year after year it gets harder to keep it fresh. So I decided to change this up this year by not choosing a summer or water themed kit. I thought this kit from SAS's Darlene Haughn Girlicious fit the bill. I really like the results. The font is Arial Black.

The second layout features a kit that was very patriotic in nature and used it for this bright library time layout. The multicolors in the base paper seemed to reflect the multicultural theme this year. And the journal paper made a great journal box. I extracted the African performers to make really highlight how active their show was. The kit is an old one from Valerie Ostrom called Solider of WW2. The font was Book Antique.

No comments: