My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day At the Park Freebie Part One



Well so far Fay has only been a rain issue with a few gusts. Of course looking at some of the models she could continue to be a threat to Florida for another week. We've had no sunshine at all today. Because of the threat of Fay local schools were closed today so instead of my guys doing their school they ended up spending time with their friends at each other's houses and running around outside every time the rain stopped for a while. So while they were busy playing I finally was able to work on my first ever totally all my own idea Freebie Kit. I will offer it in two parts. Part One will be the two sets of a papers and Part Two will be the elements. Watch for Part Two this weekend provided Fay stays as nice to Central Florida as she has so far. Otherwise I will post it as soon as possible. I will probably schedule it but try to up date the personal stuff before it goes live but that way I've got you covered.

The inspiration for this set comes from Munn Park in Downtown Lakeland. And while it doesn't show up well in the preview there are two papers using the image of the fountain found in the park. There is another paper using the image of the statue in the park. There are also two tags in the elements kit featuring these images as well.

Paper Download Part One
Paper Download Part Two

Its really a beautiful little park. My guys were taking classes at the children's museum across the street from the museum. Also in the blocks near the park are some great free form sculptures. So while the boys worked hard at their classes my youngest and I took advantage of the nice spring weather and took a tour of downtown. For the lunch break we picked up sandwiches and ate them in the park along with some of their friends from the class. These pictures are from April 2006.

I created a two page layout with my kit. I will post one page here with the papers and the other page with the elements. The first page highlights the boys' classes and our walk around the sculptures.

And please remember to send you love as this will inspire me to do more.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

What a great first kit you've done - I am so impressed. Can't wait to see more. Hugs x