My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Using Sketches



I have discovered new inspiration and fun by dragging out my old paper scrapping idea books. This has worked out really well and has proved to be a lot of fun. And now I don't feel so bad about the money I spent on new idea books just before I switched to digital scrapping. It takes a bit more time to set up then a template where you can just drag, drop, and clip but I've been very happy with the look. Here is an example of a two page spread I completed yesterday. I used the sketch from CTMH Imagine Book p 56-57. The kit for this layout is one of Lisa Minor's. The Sunshine kit is available at Scrapdebris. The font is Garamond. The layout is from a trip to see the Lipizzan stallions back in 2003. They have a troup of them that winter in Florida and they put on a show for free just before they head back out on the road for the summer. It was a wonderful display.

So here's the challenge-- Dig out those old sketch books and see what you can come up with.

No comments: