My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Friday, July 25, 2008

Sorry I've been MIA




Things are going to be rather hit or miss over the next few weeks. My 17 yo who I suspect of having sensory issues for a while is finally having some more visible symptoms in the form of some muscle ticks. We have an appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks. I think that this will be a blessing as we'll finally have something on paper that may help him get more help to complete his studies at the VoTech. But I have been gather medical records from his pediatrician, eye function evaluations, auditory evaluations, and hospital records from a head injury he had as a toddler. This will be the first time everything has been gathered into one package which I think will really prove to be beneficial.

In the meantime my 13 yo has expressed an interest in attending the local public military school for high school. Not sure how I feel about this complete but toward that end of making sure he's well prepared and well grounded before he goes off to a school setting I decided we need to change things up. So I've ordered some new things and as soon as it gets here I'll been spending a few days getting it input on the computer so he can get started as soon as possible.

So yesterday I decided I really needed to have a scrapping session. I actually got 6 pages done for our 2006 school album. I plan to show them off in pairs so this will be the 1st of 3 entries today.

This first layout today is a page to highlight Jacob's trip to Africa to spend a semester there as an undergrad student. I created the background paper myself using colors from the elements set I was using. The Elements are from An Anonymous Life's Etosha set. I took the Africa shaped frame and lowered the transparency and then tucked the photos up under it. I was in such a hurry that I forgot to right now which font I used.


The second layout is from our field trip to the National Weather Station in Ruskin, FL. It was a really interesting field trip. The paper is from A Work in Progress's Baby Boy set. And I again forgot to write the font down.

No comments: