My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Layouts with my own paper





I'm so excited. I've been learning a lot about designing from the yahoo group. Tonight I started to work on this layout and realized while I had some Asian overlays I didn't really have any paper or elements. Well I used the overlays with some of the techniques I have been learning including adding texture to my papers and trying different layers styles such as overlay color lighten. I had so much fun creating these papers and making them work just perfectly for my photos. Since I used some non-commercial items I can't share my papers but maybe I'll be sharing something soon. I created some ribbon with my own papers. I extracted the symbol from the sign out front and used that to create a clip art element that I used on the 2nd page. I also used the same extraction to create a clear acrylic which I put over the journal box box in overlay mode to give it some depth. The Asian overlays are from Scrap Girls LCA Asian Tranquility. The acrylic and clip art actions were from Atomic Cupcake. The ribbon templates and actions came from Christine Smith. I used Mega-Doodle Inspired to create the bottle cap and the journal lines on the journal box. The eyelet ribbon is from Rachel's Scrap Store. The font is Socket.

3 comments:

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...

Your layouts look good! Thanks for using my actions and mentioning me!!

Erika said...

They look great. I hope you can find time to design as well for all our sakes but just being able to make that paper or element you just need is one of the best things about digi (well that and never being one letter short in an alpha LOL).
Big hugs,
Erika

Dianna said...

Great layouts!