My Scrapbook Goals and How I'm Doing

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Christmas Prep

I got several layouts done today. I'm not posting them all here at least not for now. I did several for the new Scrap Orchard. I've done Apple of My Eye, Plum Crazy, and You're A Peach. If you would like to see these layouts you'll have to join me over there for the fun. Anyway I've been working hard on those. Plus I created the second stage for the Go Digital Progressive Challenge. I'll post that here after I've finished the first step. This has been an interesting exercise in being creative. So watch for that in a couple of weeks to show up here. So while I did several today I'm only posting one. This is one for the School 07 album. As its Christmas prep you can see that I'm almost done. I want to create something special for the cover so that may take some time. I'm also trying to decide if I want to put in an alumni news page with pictures from some of Jacbo's travels last year.


This layout uses Lisa Minor - OScrapmomo and Scrap Debris . Lisa offers great freebies on her blog and if you miss them you can pick them up at Scrap Debris for only a $1.00. The kit I used here was one I purchased the other day. Scents of Christmas. I bought it with this layout in mind. Most of her papers are 8x8 although some kits are 12x12. This had 8x8 papers but they stretched out just fine without looking bad on my 12x12 page and for the smaller elements I could use just as. For the ribbon I just dragged two copies onto the page and lined up so it fit across the full 12 inches without effecting proportions. She has just started a new kit so make sure you check out the blog and the store. The font I used is Nueva Std. The template is Racketty Scrappity. I think I've linked to her site in an older post.

A new goal will be to add links down the side when I mention them on my blog so I don't have to add them each time. I have so many favorites.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh this came out wonderful! You're right, this kit compliments your photos quite well! HOORAY....I love it when I find a kit that just "goes" with everything!
Thanks HEAPS for using it....LOVE seeing my stuff in action......
And thanks for the plug too! LOL

Pineapple Plantation Designs said...

Thanks for mentioning us on your blog!! You're a doll!

Shauna
Pineapple Plantation Designs